Thursday, September 6, 2007

Greetings!

Okay, it's been a long time coming, but it finally seems I've gotten this blog off the ground! Obviously over the coming days and weeks I'll frequently update this, but for now the basics:
I'm David Madden and I'm hiking the length of the United States from the Canadian border with northern Maine to Key West, Florida- a distance of about 3000 miles. Now call me crazy (you won't be the first to have done so...) but this may turn out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Especially since I am doing my hike as a fundraiser for Fisher House Foundation- a great charity that builds and manages houses for families of wounded veterans to stay at, when they visit at military hospitals around the country. I'm also maintaining a page at http://www.active.com/donate/teamfisherhouse/usahiker with more news of my hike and where people can donate online, so check that out as well. Tune in for another update in a few days, with stories from my hike so far and news as to my current whereabouts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

David, It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday as you were hiking along rt. 16 in Holliston MA. Kudos to you and the effort you are making, sometimes people actually back up there words with action, thankyou for your power of example. Keep us apprised of where you are and the adventures and people you must be experiencing. Seth

Unknown said...

Dave, thanks for setting up a blog! I look forward to keeping up on your progress and the lessons you are learning as you walk down the east coast. Happy Trails!