Friday, December 28, 2007

Marching Through Georgia

My new year's resolution is going to be to post more frequently, albeit with shorter updates each time. I'm back in Savannah, after a week-long Christmas interlude. The train back to Savannah was only two hours late, compared with the train to New Jersey, which arrived three and a half hours late. Sigh. I'm a huge fan of passenger rail travel, but I can't in good conscience recommend long-distance travel on Amtrak to anyone except the most die-hard rail fan.
So back to that more reliable mode of travel: feet. I've downloaded "Marchin' Through Georgia" onto my Ipod and am ready to go. I've also got a new set of trekking poles- my old ones were showing their age, and when a clerk at the Savannah Hampton Inn admired them nonetheless on the night before I left to go home for the holidays, I was more than ready to give her an early Christmas present. Look for my next update the next time I stay at a Hampton Inn, which will be New Year's Eve in Brunswick, GA. Promises to be a rip roaring time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David- My wife Lauren and her friend Risa met you during a bike tour in Germany several years ago. She is traveling back to Jacksonville today but wanted me to send you an email when I read about you in the paper today. Do you need a place to stay? Can we see you while you are in the area? Good luck and please call if you can:

904 278 9448 Home
904 505 3051 Cell

Karl Hoffman

Ann Breidenstein said...

Hi David!
You are our Rotary Club's program speaker on Monday, January 7th, 12 noon, at the Casa Monica Hotel, 95 Cordova Street, in St. Augustine! I was so glad we had an opening that meeting for you to tell us all about your fundraising effort for Fisher House Foundation! You will love the lunch! Look forward to seeing you!
Safe travels and hope you're able to stay warm!
Ann Breidenstein
Club President
Rotary Club of St. Augustine
904-829-9721

Ann Breidenstein said...

Hi David!
You are our Rotary Club's program speaker on Monday, January 7th, 12 noon, at the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine! I was so glad we had an opening that meeting for you to tell us all about your fundraising effort for Fisher House Foundation! You will love the lunch! We are looking forward to seeing you!
Safe travels and hope you're able to stay warm!
Ann Breidenstein
Club President
Rotary Club of St. Augustine
904-829-9721